Enrichment at BVGA
Belle Vue Girls’ Academy is committed to offering an excellent programme of enrichment activities and opportunities that every student can access. This complements our broad and balanced curriculum, ensuring that every Belle Vue girl regularly steps outside her comfort zone, experiences something new, and gains the confidence to embrace new opportunities in the future.
Mrs Tess Wilkins, Assistant Headteacher, Student Experience, represents BVGA on the BDAT Student Experience Group. Over the past two and a half years, the group has been working on delivering a core entitlement offer to every BDAT student.
At BVGA our core offer includes:
- Access to a rich programme of Extracurricular Activities, including trips and residentials and our own, as well as BDAT sports, science and performing arts events. Our vast array of lunchtime and after-school clubs and activities can be viewed HERE.
- An exciting programme of Citizenship and PSHE topics presented as part of our Tutor Time Programme, using Votes For Schools topical resources, and enabling students to express their views while practising the democratic process.
- A programme of International Activities, both within lessons and beyond, including links with our partner schools in The Gambia and Shanghai, visits abroad. We have held the full International School Award since 2005.
- An outstanding programme of Careers Information, Advice and Guidance enabling students to explore and plan, from Year 7 onwards, for life beyond BVGA and to prepare for transition to further and higher education, apprenticeship and employment.
- Participation in the Children’sUniversity programme in Year 7.
- Participation in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme from Year 9 onwards.
- Participation in the National Citizen Service from Year 11 onwards. We became an NCS Gold School in 2019.
- The opportunity to become an elected Form Rep, and/or to represent her Community on the Student Executive and to hold office in our Rotary International Interact Club.
- The opportunity to plan, lead, and participate in, national, regional and local charity events;
- The opportunity to be rewarded for achievement, progress and successes;
As a result, our students are thoughtful, considerate young people, who are proud to be global citizens, and to make a positive contribution to their school, their community, their country, and beyond. Students go on to study a broad range of subjects at universities both within and beyond West Yorkshire; they pursue purposeful and fulfilling careers in new areas, they travel widely and support their communities, always pushing at boundaries and stepping out of their comfort zones with growing confidence.